Thursday, August 22, 2013

Week 4!!! Two more weeks!!!!

HEY FAMILY!!! 
Wow! Time has gone by so fast!! We don't count Sunday's or Wednesday's (because those days go by super super fast) so we have 9 days left and I will be in ITALIA!!!! Io sono multa felice! It's crazy how fast the time goes by in the MTC!! You are just working constantly and it goes fast! Anyway, we had a touching experience as we did our TRC teaching... (members come in and we teach them a lesson in our language, it's pretty much like a home teaching session for 40 min). We had two guys, the first one was from Italy and 1. he sounded super awesome and I hope i sound like that! (I Love the language!! it's the prettiest language ever!!!) 2. We got him to tell us a story in English (there not supposed to break from italian, so this was pretty epic). He told us about experiences he had when someone would ask him a question and he would have no idea what to say but he would pray and instantly the answers and how to say the answers in a way they would understand and scriptures he never knew he knew would come to him! I thought it was soo cool! I know this is the true church because I have already felt that many times in my mission so far! for instance, our second time doing TRC we had an old man and it was our first 40 minute lesson in italian... ya and we found out we were going to do it that long 30 sec before we started..haha. so ya, me and my companion were freaking out, so we said a prayer and went in having faith. To make the experience even harder, we went in with a prepared message but we asked him at first if there was anything he wanted to talk about and he had something that was different than what we had prepared. So we had to take 40 min, talking about a subject that we didn't prepare for with a stranger we knew nothing about. So, yeah... we had to have faith at this point. haha :) I said a quick prayer in my heart and just started talking. My companion jumped in with experiences he had and i found scriptures that we used and it felt like 10 mins and i looked down and we had taking 50 min. Yep miracles happen!! The fact that we talked for 50 min, having a conversation with him and having him understand us and us understand him was probably one of the coolest experiences I've had here. 
Well, I'm glad to say that the zone is dong great! It's still weird being one of the youngest ones in the zone but having all these older kids look to you for leadership and advice. I love our zone!! We have some pretty amazing guys and it's to bad they arent all going to rome. I just hope ill get to catch up with them after! We are in the middle of intense Rome vs Milan sporting events. I dont want to brag or anything but, we played basketball against them yesterday and swept 3 games to nothing! ya... Rome Mission is the best! :)
Well thats all I got for this weekly letter. Language is coming along great! We are starting to go most of the day speaking it and trust me we dont do the language justice, but it is still fun! Well church is true there's work to do! 
Anziano Line

No comments:

Post a Comment