Saturday, September 21, 2013

2nd week!!! (Sorry it was a little late)



Hey Everyone!

Two weeks down!!! Well I am starting to get the hang of Missionary work. At least I think I am.. haha It is so awesome here. Missionary work is so cool, hard, fun, long, tiring, and pretty much any other emotion I can think of. It is so frustrating when you have lessons prepared for people and they drop you, but that moment when you can teach a lesson or someone does follow through with a commitment is amazing! Right now we are teaching a man that is just super awesome but is having a hard time seeing why he needs the gospel in his life. This is kinda the attitude that most Italians take to the gospel. But those that are able to feel of the spirit, that is when all the bad days and those frustrating hours of finding and being rejected are worth it. This week we attended a funeral of a recent converts grandpa who had died. The funeral was in a Cathedral and it was really interesting because as cool as the cathedral was and as great as the music was that the organ was playing, there just seemed to be something missing. The sisters in our district are teaching the mom of the recent convert. (it was her dad that died) Anyways, the convert, Gaetano is his name, asked us to share with his mom a scripture about death. We shared a scripture in Alma and instantly I could feel the spirit. It was the weirdest place to teach a little lesson, in a cathedral during a funeral... but it just goes to show that when you are testifying of truth and when someone needs comfort, the spirit will be there if you just invite it. As we read the scripture and explained more about the after life and that she would see her father again, you could just tell that she was feeling the spirit. Now I don't know if she will be baptized or if even in her mind that was a big deal, but for me it was just amazing to see the affects of the spirit. Once you are able to really pinpoint the promptings of the spirit, (and I'm not saying i have mastered it cause i still have tons of work to do) but once you feel it and realize that it is there, that is when you can receive personal revelation or feel that feeling of comfort. Gospel is True! I know it! I have had to many experiences with the spirit telling me that it is true. I invite anyone that is reading this, to just go throughout your day and try to feel the promptings of the spirit. Listen as you pray or read your scriptures. I promise that if you do this you can have your own witness of this gospel.
Well that's my little spiritual thought. I thought I might leave some cool pictures with you guys! Our P days could be the best P days in the world. We visited Citta Vecchia, and Polgniano (Polgniano is the prettiest city i think i have been in.)
Anyways, Love y'all!

Anziano Line

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kyle,

    Just loved reading your wonderful letter. We had the missionaries here last week. They helped Bill move some brush from the many trees around the 10 acre farm here...and then they taught Bill:)). He has been interested since we were married. Time will tell:). Sure do love you and I'm proud of what you are doing. And by the way...you write a wonderful letter. Love, Grandma Line

    ReplyDelete