Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March 23, 2015

Dear Family,

Well this week was just a great week! You know there is just such a joy that comes from being a missionary and giving it your all to share the Gospel with Others. So many things have happened this week and I wish I could just share everything with you guys!!! haha But here we go, I will try!
We had a Conference this week with Elder Tixiera. (he is the presiding authority for Europe) It was amazing! This man is a Genius! haha but really he was just such a huge help with showing things and explaining things about the work. One of the biggest things that he emphasized was talking to EVERYONE. I have never really been one that will talk to everyone I see. So my companion and I put that to the test. WOW... it works so much better than just picking and choosing. At the end it makes so much more sense to. Why would you limit your options on people to share the Gospel to. I love it!haha I thought it was just amazing. We have met so many more people that have interest in the gospel than we would have ever thought! And even if all these contacts turn into nothing.. you know At least i have the clear conscious that I gave it my all and gave them the chance! You know the secret to missionary work.. really is work. haha I don't know why but this week I have just understood that on such a higher level! So for all you future missionaries.. when you get down on yourself in  the mission and you are "depressed" like Ammon felt... do what he did. 
 "27 Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.

 28 And now behold, we have come, and been forth amongst them; and we have been patient in our sufferings, and we have suffered every privation; yea, we have traveled from house to house, relying upon the mercies of the world—not upon the mercies of the world alone but upon the mercies of God." Alma 26: 27-28

Its pretty amazing to see that even the best missionary in the Book of Mormon got depressed at times.. but he shows us the way to get out of it! I love it! :) 
Well some more news... because of this huge conference.. we had a ton of missionaries.. so we had a great idea! MISSIONARY CHOIR AT THE MOST FAMOUS PIAZZA IN ROME!! haha and they asked me to play the guitar and another sister to play the violin.. that simplified hymn book with the chords came in clutch! haha (Thanks Andra!) I will send you all a picture next time! But anyway, it was sooooooo successful! It was the most successful finding thing that i have ever done. We came out with at least 5 contacts and a couple appointments already fixed. The rest of the missionaries did to. It was amazing We were honestly blessed! Not only that but it was super fun! haha :) I had like random Italians and tourist taking pics with me! haha :) 
Well all is going well here in Italy! I love you all! Have a great week! 
- Anziano Line  


No comments:

Post a Comment